Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Baptism and Visiting Old Friends

So I hit my 8 month mark yesterday. That's super weird. Apparently I'm almost half way through my mission now and that's really crazy to think about. It's a good time to reflect and so I've been thinking about goals I want to set and things I want to do better in the next months of my mission. I already feel like I've learned so much and I just want to keep learning and growing and working my best out here in the wonderful field of Houston TX!

Zone Conference was this week. We learned a lot about not fearing man more than God and speaking to everyone. We also had a recap of things we learned in the MTC about planning, studying and teaching and how to make it more effective and a more spiritual experience. Planning and studying can be just as incredible of an experience as teaching can sometimes and as we search for answers to the questions and needs of our investigators often we'll find a lot of revelation for ourselves. I also played the piano for all of zone conference (all the hymns we sang and a musical number).  People think I'm really good... i can get by playing most hymns but I'm not nearly as technically accurate and skillful as Josh probably is :) Piano skills sure do come in handy on a mission though.

We have an hour or so once a week where we can do family history. I've been learning how to do it better and I found some names that need their work done!! It was so exciting. There's a lot of work as you learn how to do it more, so family, you should definitely check it out :)

We also had a baptism this week. It's such a blessing to be able to work with people and see the light come into their eyes and see their faith grow. She has such a strong testimony of the Book of Mormon and it strengthens my faith just to be around her.



I also got to visit a friend of my dad's that lives in The Woodlands. It's a small world and it's fun to find friends who live here! Sorry this email is kinda short. I sent a bazillion pictures home that mom should be putting on the blog at some point. Love you lots!!


Miranda with our good friends the McCauleys

Love,

Sister Andreason

No comments:

Post a Comment